Benefits for the Employee
A healthy lifestyle impacts every part of your day-to-day work environment. Corporate Wellness Programs translate into fewer injuries, less human error, and a more harmonious office environment. They also let you know that your organization is concerned about your general health and well-being.
A good Corporate Wellness Program will also help reduce stress, which the United Nations has called “the 20th Century Disease.” A large majority of office workers complain that their job is stressful – a problem that affects all levels within an organization.
Stress from the workday also affects our personal relationships and activities. Human beings are just not designed to magically morph into someone else as we leave our work environment.
Top 5 Reasons that Corporate Health Packages Will Benefit the Employee
- More energy – Regular exercise helps decrease pent up energy, which helps us get more deep, restful sleep. A good night’s sleep tonight means more energy tomorrow. Also, a fit body functions better. It uses less energy for basic movement and body processes, leaving more energy to put towards life.
- Stress relief – The endorphins created during exercise also help to mediate our moods, calming and relaxing us. Following a workout, exercisers express feelings of relaxation and decreased stress.
- Improved focus – In comparison to a coffee break where we can sit and stew over work concerns, exercise provides a true mental break. Our minds become preoccupied with the non-work-related task at hand. It is then easier to re-focus with a fresh outlook on work and fewer feelings of boredom and monotony.
- Increased confidence – Exercise improves the way we feel about ourselves. It gives skin a healthy glow, helps maintain a healthy weight, improves posture and may even help fight signs of aging. This increased confidence in our appearance fosters increased confidence overall. Higher self-confidence makes us more eager to tackle difficult work problems and strive for increased results.
- Improved health – Exercise improves our overall health, helping to prevent illness and injury. Health benefits include improved heart efficiency, lowered cholesterol, and stronger muscles and bones. Regular exercisers live longer and report greater enjoyment of life.