How Healthy is Your Liver? Gallbladder and Liver Flush by Andreas Moritz
In April of this year, I spent the month in Costa Rica at the Blue Sprit Resort, the first week was comprised of attending a yoga retreat that YYoga organizes at this resort annually and the remaining three weeks were spent working and relaxing at a home we rented on the Blue Spirit property. It was a magical month but what I am most grateful for is learning about The Amazing Gallbladder and Liver Flush by Andreas Moritz.
How I learned about the flush:
During the week of the yoga retreat, I went for a Chi Nei Tsang Therapy massage with Pascal, one of the practitioners at Blue Spirit. At the beginning of the massage she asked me a series of questions about my health. Some of the main symptoms I had been experiencing are:
- Excessive bloating after meals (that had persisted after trying many different approaches, such as going vegetarian for over three years, going gluten free for months and taking many doctor recommended vitamins and supplements)
- Pain in the middle of my back and in my right shoulder (that had persisted even after physiotherapy, intramuscular stimulation (IMS), chiropractic work, having had an ergonomic assessment and set-up done in my office and corrective exercise for two years with a corrective exercise specialist)
Upon telling Pascal of my symptoms, she highly recommended that I immediately purchase the aforementioned book and start doing the flush right away. Upon arriving back home to Vancouver, I thoroughly read the book and started doing the flush, which takes 7 days to complete.
Overview of the flush:
Here is a general outline of what you have to do for the flush but I do not recommend following these steps without reading the book because there are many other things to consider and learn about with this such as your diet, circadian rhythms, your menstrual cycle, the phases of the moon (because we tend to retain more water during a full moon, it is best to do the flush after the full moon so that your body releases the water needed for the flush), whether you are on any medication and others.
- You have to drink 32 oz of pure organic apple juice per day for 6 days.
- You must get colon hydrotherapy on the 6th day and 2-3 days after the flush.
- On the 6th & 7th days you have to drink a mixture of Epsom salts mixed with water (this tastes very bitter and was the hardest part for me).
- On the evening on the 6th day you have to drink a mixture of virgin olive oil & grapefruit juice (it’s not as bad as you’d think).
- You cannot eat or drink anything colder than room temperature for the duration of the flush.
- You have to stop eating food or drinking anything other than water at 1:30pm of the 6th day and continue this until 10:30am the next day at which time you can have a bit of fruit juice and then a couple of hours later a light meal.
Initially, I was a little hesitant to do the flush. My imagination got the best of me and I was worried it would not work. I was worried about being able to survive having to fast for almost 24 hours (thinking back on it now – that makes me laugh because it was not difficult for me at all). I was worried that the flush may actually harm me or make me sick.
Thankfully, none of these things happened – all that happened is what the book explains will happen – I felt fine and eliminated a lot of green gallstones.
Results from the flush:
I followed the instructions in the book for the flush to the letter and had great results eliminating about 200 gallstones (100% pain free!). Immediately after the flush not only did I have an overall feeling of wellbeing, my bloating went away, my back pain and shoulder pain went away! The book recommends that you continue to do the flush until no more stones come out during a couple of back to back flushes otherwise symptoms will reappear. My bloating is still down (what a wonderful feeling!) and I am currently on my second flush.
At this point, you might be thinking that you do not have back pain, shoulder pain or bloating. Or you might be wondering what the liver could possibly have to do with these symptoms. I suggest that you read the book as it explains all of these things and also gives a comprehensive list of all of the symptoms that people typically experience from having gallstones. Also, do your own research about the liver – you might be amazed at what you find out about the heaviest organ in the human body and keep in mind that the liver performs more than 500 vital functions including regulating most chemical levels in the blood and filtering out toxins.
About the Guest Author
Daniela Hassman is a market research moderator, President of SmartPoint Research and a firm believer in embracing a healthy lifestyle. Twitter @danielahassman