Gluten-Free Desserts: Warm Figs with Almonds
Fresh figs have arrived in the local markets and they delicious raw and baked. These luscious delicate, thin-skinned fruits may be purple, brown, or greenish gold. Choose unbruised, ripe fruits that yield to gentle pressure and eat within a day or two. Figs are a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, and manganese. Enjoy this sweet fruit baked with Hail Merry Vanilla Maple Almonds in this gluten-free and vegan dessert recipe. Feed Your Body!
1/2 cup Almond – Try: Hail Merry Vanilla Maple Almonds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon amaretto (or orange flavored liquor)
6 fresh figs, halved
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Finely chop almonds and cinnamon together in food processor.
3. Press the cut side of each fig half into the almond mixture, then place, cut-side-up, onto a small baking tray.
4. Bake 4 minutes or until almonds are lightly toasted. Watch closely to prevent burning.
5. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and amaretto.
6. Arrange 3 fig halves on each plate and drizzle with maple syrup mixture.