Michael George on Keeping Fit in an Unfit Economy
Michael George is transforming the health and fitness industry with his innovative training philosophies and inspirational voice. As one of Hollywood’s most sought after Celebrity Trainers & Fitness Experts, his intention is to strengthen the spirit along with the body. He is the author of, Body Express Makeover: Trim and Sculpt Your Body in Less Than Six Weeks and the creator of the Revolutionary 2-IN-1 Training System. Body Express Makeover is a complete coach in and among itself and focuses on Core strength and balance, motivation techniques and commitment, while highlighting his unique 2-in-1 total body exercise programs that can be done in as little as ten, twenty or thirty minutes a day.
In addition to being a leader in the fitness industry an author Michael is a recognized fitness personality who has starred in several exercise videos including the B-Fit video series and the Fast 10 DVD series. He has also developed his own cutting edge “Body Express Makeover” coaching software. Michael has hosted/ co-hosted several shows and has appeared on numerous national television shows such as a featured guest on ABC’s “The View”, Fox and Friends, Entertainment Tonight, VH1, E, Extra, Fit TV, Home and Garden channel and CNN. He has been interviewed or featured in over 100 magazines/ newspapers internationally. Michael is also a highly regarded Fitness Spokesperson for numerous companies such as Kraft, Subway, Natures Plus, Balance Bar, Unilever, Nike, Ready Pac and Pod Fitness to name a few.
Michael has transformed some of Hollywood’s most dynamic A-list celebs like Reese Witherspoon, Toby Maguire, Julianne Moore, James Spader, Meg Ryan Christian Slater, Sela Ward, Matt Dillon, Slash, Dennis Quaid and even professional athletes like boxer Fernando Vargas. These celebs, athletes and numerous high powered executives gravitate towards Michael’s training routines and principles because they work effectively and efficiently.
Here’s what he has to say.
1. When tightening one’s budget getting rid of all the unnecessary expenses is the first thing that hits home. Many people feel that a monthly health club expense is an unnecessary expense. I beg to differ. Barring the basics like food, rent/ mortgage, insurance, auto payments and other can’t do with out monthly expenses, if you can somehow keep your gym membership there is a very strong reason why you should.
You have no control over outside issues/events primarily the economy. However, you do have a certain degree of control over your health and your attitude. Exercising regularly is vital to both. Take out your fear, anger and frustrations over your economic condition at the gym and see how much easier it is to face each day.
2. If a gym membership is out of the question use the outdoors as your gym. Take hikes or long walks. Borrow a bike from a friend and go for a ride. Jump rope and use low cost resistance bands to do your strength training. You can also use your body weight as resistance for lunges, squats, bench dips, push ups etc. Use exercise DVD’s at your house and share them with friends. You can also trade exercise DVD’s for variety.
3. Get involved with more low cost interactive social activities like walking groups, tennis, volley ball, badminton, swimming exercise classes, or whatever activity you enjoy.
4. If none of the above are options call your health club and tell them about your situation. Ask them if there is any way you can work out a short term arrangement with them. Trust me if you are having financial concerns others are too. All smart businesses are offering some type of program to help retain business in this tough economy. If they say they can’t do
anything then leave them your phone # and tell them to call you when they are ready to work out an arrangement with you. Trust me they will be calling soon.
5. Lastly, remember that this too shall pass. The economy will turn around in time. It always does because it is cyclical. Don’t focus too much on the negative or the short term. Try to focus on the positive and the long term. How sad would it be if the economy turned around and became more robust than ever before and you gained 30 pounds in the few months of your life when the economy was being restructured? Have faith that all will be okay. We manifest what transpires in our lives. Manifest hope and strength through taking care of yourself.