2 Top Choices for Oil of Oregano
Oil of oregano has a wide range of natural compounds with proven healing effects, including carvacrol and thymol. Some of these active ingredients damage the cell membranes of bacteria, causing fluids to leak out of the bacteria and impairing their metabolism and replication. Studies have shown that using oil from the whole herb, rather than just some of its individual chemical compounds, creates a synergy that greatly enhances potency.Â Â
Oregano is high on antioxidant activity which is probably the origin of the many health benefits of oregano oil. The most widely known and spread benefit of oregano oil is its ability to cure mild stomach problems. It is also well known for its cough-clearing qualities. However, Oregano has many other benefits, among these: exterminating fungus, digestive problems, migraine headaches, athletes foot, sore throat, breathing problems, dandruff and other skin problems.
The safety and effectiveness of oil of oregano has been demonstrated by its use as an herbal remedy for thousands of years. Now, modern medical research has confirmed oil of oregano as an important natural health supplement.Â Â
Joy of the Mountains Oil of Oregano™
Joy of the Mountains Oil of Oregano is an award winning 100% certified organic product that is derived from Origanum Minutiflorum, a rare and high-potency species of Oregano that grows in the alpine regions of Turkey. The flowering plants are hand-picked, dried and then delivered to a GMP compliant, certified organic facility. This essential oil is guaranteed to contain 75-85% Carvacrol, which is the highest attainable potency for pure, all-natural Oregano oil.Â
Why weÂ likeÂ Joy of the MountainsÂ Certified Organic Oil of Oregano:
- The numberÂ one priority of this company is ensuring thatÂ the customer receives the highest quality ingredients available.Â Their oregano plants grow wild in the Mediterranean region, and are hand-picked at elevations as high as 10,000 feet, where Carvacrol levels are typically higher. The soil in these areas is untouched and mineral-rich, providing added nutritional benefits to the consumer.
- A current copy of this company’s GC/MS analysis is made available for consumers to review at all stores carrying the Joy of the Mountains Oil of Oregano product.
- Family-owned and operated business
- Award winning product – Alive Award of Excellence 2008, Gold
- Diluted 1:3 in Olive Oil
- All Natural, Non-Standardized. This means that the naturally-occurring phytochemistry within the oil has not been tampered with, and the important natural “synergy” between compounds remains.
- Wild Crafted “Origanum Minutiflorum”
- Guarantees a minimum of 75% Carvacrol, which is the active ingredient responsible for Oil of Oregano`s antimicrobial effectiveness.
Natural Factors Certified Organic Oil of Oregano™
Natural Factors Certified Organic Oil of Oregano is derived from this wild-crafted Mediterranean species. The oil is extracted from the hand-picked leaves using gentle steam distillation to ensure potency and purity. Because pure oil of oregano is too potent to be used full strength, it is blended in a one-to-four ratio with organic, cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil. This is the ideal ratio for enabling the body to assimilate the oil of oregano.
Why weÂ likeÂ Natural Factors Oil of Oregano:
- Hand-picked, wild-crafted Origanum vulgare oregano
- Certified organic product status
- The whole herb is used to provide the natural synergy of active ingredients
- Gently steam distilled for maximum purity and potency
- Minimum 80% carvacrol guaranteed
- Blended in a one-to-four ratio with organic, cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil for improved absorption of the oil of oregano
- Free from chemical contaminants and preservatives
- Protecting against pathogenic microbes, including bacteria, yeast, fungi and parasites
- Providing antioxidant protection
- Reducing inflammation
- Relieving seasonal allergies
- Relieving chronic muscle aches and pains (when used topically)
- Reducing the risk of heart disease
Do you use Oil of Oregano or have any questions? Please leave a comment below: