BENEFITS OF OIL PULLING FOR GOOD ORAL HEALTH
Good dental hygiene and excellent oral health have a beneficial effect on your overall wellbeing. Glossy white teeth not only give you your brilliant smile, but the mouth-body connection has been well established by medical science. Healthy teeth and gums are linked to the prevention of many diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, lung conditions, and even cancer.
You may find it hard to believe that an ancient Ayurvedic practice from India can transform your body by detoxifying it. This is an incredibly simple process that maintains impeccable dental hygiene. Oil pulling also boosts metabolism and wakes you up first thing in the morning. You don’t need to subject your body to the detrimental effects of coffee anymore. This simple technique will leave you refreshed and raring to go. On those days when you’ve had one too many drinks the night before, oil pulling can help to clear the fuzz and pull you out of the mental fog of a hangover.
If you’re wondering what oil pulling actually entails, it’s really just simply a process of rinsing out your mouth with oil in the morning or even up to three times a day for added effect. If the thought of stronger smelling oils such as sesame and sunflower is off-putting, you could start out with the more pleasant smelling coconut oil. Once you get used to the process, you could try out sesame oil.
Be prepared for a new and transformed you. You’re going to feel healthier, stronger, and more vibrant. This easy process of oil pulling will become a habit you’ll never want to give up.
The process of oil pulling:
1. Put a tablespoon of your chosen oil into your mouth.
2. Swish it around in your mouth while you distract yourself with a chore like doing the dishes. You could also practice a yoga pose or get a parenting duty out of the way while you swish. If you can afford to, a zen-like meditative state where you focus on the swishing can be extremely calming and beneficial. You should aim to do this for 15-20 minutes, but don’t worry if you can’t hold the oil in your mouth for that long at first. Try to focus on swishing the oil all around your mouth and pulling it into the far reaches of your oral cavity.
3. Spit out the oil from your mouth into the toilet, not the sink. It should look like a watery and milky liquid. If the oil still remains clear or if your mouth feels oily, then you probably didn’t pull and swish the oil long enough.
4. Rinse your mouth out with some lukewarm salted water. The use of sea salt is preferred. Then go on to clean your teeth as you normally do with your toothpaste and toothbrush or whatever cleanser you use.
Important points to remember:
– Use cold pressed and refined oils
– Pull oil first thing in the morning before eating anything
– Be careful not to swallow the pulled oil. It is loaded with toxic substances.
– It is better to spit out the pulled oil in the toilet to avoid introducing harmful bacteria to your washbasin.
– Don’t forget to rinse your mouth with warm salty water.
– Remember to follow up oil pulling with a thorough brushing lasting 3 minutes and let your toothbrush air dry afterward.
– Once you’re a pro at oil pulling, rotate among different oils to derive the maximum benefit of each.
– If you can (we know this may not be realistically possible), try to sit still and focus on the oil pulling.
Oil pulling is not a complicated time-consuming process that needs expensive or hard-to-find ingredients. It’s easy, affordable, and extremely effective. Allow your body to detoxify in the most natural way possible, feel healthy and alive, and be prepared for all the compliments that will come your way.