Ripped to the Core Workout
A six-pack may turn heads, but unless you have a strong group of deep-core muscles you’ll never develop a complete midsection. With Fitness Goop’s Ripped to the Core program you will get a workout that will strengthen your transverse abdominals and the deep muscles of the core, plus some favorite moves that will keep your abs engaged the entire workout.
Before starting the workout here are few tips to remember:
- Perform three sets of 15 repetitions (reps) for all exercises except side bridge and plank, aim for 30 seconds. Rest for 60 seconds between each set.
- Throughout the workout, concentrate on breathing correctly. Do not hold your breath during an exercise.
- Engage your core during all exercises.
- Always warm-up using a cardio focused exercise (ex. elliptical or biking)
- If you ever feel pain or a muscle hurting. Stop before you injure yourself!
- Choose a weight that you can complete the first set comfortably and then choose a weight where you find it challenging by rep 4 or 5 on the second set (this will be different for each exercise)
- Spin and stretch for recovery. This is very important to prevent injury and stiffness.
- You should aim to be doing this workout 3 times a week
Ripped to the Core Workout:
- Jackknife view exercise
- Lunge with Lateral Raise on Bosu view exercise
- Swiss Ball Dumbbell Chest Press view exercise
- Plank Dumbbell Row view exercise
- Bosu Ball Push Up view exercise
- Swiss Ball Rollouts view exercise
- Side Bridge view exercise
Finally, it is important to remember that you should train to get results, not just to do more exercises and spend a lot of time working out in the gym.