Acidophilus Pearls vs Bio-K Probiotics
You may have already readÂ the article on the 4 Superstar Supplements whereÂ it isÂ mentioned that without a doubt, probiotics is one the four “must have” supplements. Among other findings, the most encouraging evidence supporting probioticÂ is its abilityÂ to prevent infections of the urinary system, eczema in children as well as for anyone who has ever taken a broad range of antibiotics, as these destroy the natural healthy bacterial flora that resides in our stomachs and intestines. When choosing a probioticÂ supplement twoÂ of our top choices are:Â Â
- Acidophilus Pearls containÂ 1 billion Probiotic Organisms in the maximum suggested daily serving
- The patented capsule ensures live cultures are undamaged by harmful stomach acids and delivered to your intestines, where they go to work.Â
- Just one capsule daily can help alleviate occasional gas and constipation plus symptoms of lactose intolerance.
- No refrigeration required – unlike other acidophilus products.
Acidophilus Pearls use a proprietary coating process called True Delivery Technology. This technology produces a seamless, three-layered pear that guarantees delivery of the probiotics into the intestine where they are released intact and healthy to increase intestinal flora.
The inner layer is a paste of healthy probiotics suspended in a protective oil mixture. The second layer seals the probiotics in the capsule, and protects them from air and moisture. Probiotics are anaerobic organisms and the presence of oxygen can actually injure, weaken, or kill them.
The third layer is a patented coating that protects the probiotics from the acid environment of the stomach, so they can successfully reach the intestine where they are needed. Probiotics are not resistant to stomach acids, so the outermost layer of the pearl is specially developed to dissolve only in the alkaline environment of the intestines.
Bio-K+CL1285Â® Regular Probiotic capsules
- Bio-K+ CL1285Â® Capsules contain 30 billion active cultures
- Bacterial probiotic culture containing the unique and patented formula of L. acidophilus and L. casei
- Live bacteria protected by an enteric coating
- Safe for children and seniors, provided they are able to swallow the capsule.
The Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology November 2007 issue features a Canadian medical study showing that a daily intake of Bio-K+ CL1285 is a safe and effective means of preventing antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) in hospitalized patients, a growing problem that has become an important public health concern.
Bio-K+CL1285(R) contains a unique, powerful, and effective patented formula of bacterial strains (Lb. Acidophilus, and Lb. Casei). Further evidence supporting Bio-K+CL1285(R) as a reputable choice is that it is currently used in 36 Canadian hospitals and health centres, and is sold in the health specialized sections of grocery stores, pharmacies and health stores across Canada and US.
Have you tried Acidophilus PearlsÂ or Bio-K+CL1285? Please leave a comment below: