March 26, 2013 In Green & Healthy Living, News, Supplements
8 Nutritional Supplements to Increase your Energy
If you are feeling drained and having trouble facing your busy schedule, here are several ways to boost your energy. Make sure that you are getting at least 8 hours of sleep, keep your blood sugar levels stable, get enough rest and exercise, and consider these nutritional supplements and herbs:
- Vitamin B complex. This water soluble vitamin plays a key role in cell metabolism, and is therefore critical to energy production in the body.
- Cordyceps. A traditional Chinese medicinal fungus that grows on Tibetan caterpillars Proponents say cordyceps improves your energy level and endurance and reduces fatigue.
- Magnesium and calcium. Magnesium is a mineral that is involved in over 300 reactions in the body. Most importantly, it activates enzymes, contributes to energy production, and helps regulate calcium levels as well as copper, zinc, potassium, vitamin D, and other important nutrients in the body. Higher-calcium diets favor burning rather than storing fat and that makes this nutritional supplement a great choice to help increase energy.
- Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus). A woody shrub from northeastern Asia with properties similar to those of ginseng, Eleuthero is one of the most popular herbs in Chinese medicine and can normalize body functions and invigorate vital energy.
- Coenzyme Q10. Also referred to as Co Q10 or ubiquinone, this nutrient is a vitamin-like compound that can increase cell energy levels and strengthen the body’s antioxidant defense network.
- D-Ribose. This naturally occurring organic compound is a carbohydrate and is therefore a good source of energy for the body. This nutritional supplements can be used for dealing with chronic fatigue.
- Ginseng (American or Asian). This herb helps increase energy by improving cell’s production of ATP and CP. Both are defined in the West as adaptogens as well as immune modulators, cardiac tonics and antioxidants. Â In other words, this equates with enhanced energy production and utilization resulting in increased physical performance.
- Rhodiola rosea. An adaptogenic herb used for centuries in traditional medicine. It boosts the breakdown of fat cells and that in turn can actually assist the body to burn fat better and help with weight reduction and improved metabolism.
Daily Health Tip: Are you looking for more energy in your workouts? Take your workout to the next level safely and naturally with new Vega Sport.